Use this step-by-step guide to keep your windows clean and streak-free:
- Remove dust from the window frame, tracks and sill with a vacuum or cloth. You should also do this with your blinds or shades. If you have curtains, spring is a good time to remove and wash them. Be sure to follow the care instructions.
- Spray your windows with a generous amount of glass cleaner.
- Using a lint-free paper towel or microfiber cloth (not an old cotton rag), wipe your windows from top to bottom. If you see any streaks, give them another wipe until the glass is clear.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 on the outside window glass. You’ll probably have to use a little more elbow grease (or just a few extra rounds of spraying and wiping) to get rid of all the grime from outside. Depending on the design of your windows, you may be able to clean both sides from inside the house.
While is may seem like a good idea to clean your windows on a sunny day, hot glass on your windows can actually make the cleaner dry too quickly and leave streaks. A shady or overcast day may work best.
You can also use this time to clean your screens. After you remove them, remove excess dirt with a brush or vacuum and clean with a soap and water solution.
Homemade Glass Cleaner
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup white or cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup rubbing alcohol 70% concentration
Combine this solution in a spray bottle and apply to windows for a streak-free shine.
Susan Brewer Service First Real Estate (636)936-8600
Published on 2023-03-18 03:24:02